SWOT Analysis of Amul, Competitors and USP
Amul (Anand Milk Union Limited) is a respected brand in India’s food & beverages sector. This SWOT analysis of Amul shows the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats of Amul. It consists of both internal as well as external strategic factors. This tool is a proven method that helps to identify the business and performance in the light of competitors. It also demonstrates its unique target marketing, Unique Selling Proposition (USP), and positioning.
Parent Company – Amul
Category – Food Items
Sector – Food & Beverages
Tagline – “Utterly Butterly Delicious”
Unique Selling Proposition (USP) – Trusted Dairy Products in India
Segment – Consumers who need milk for daily use
Target Audience – Lower, Middle, and Upper Class
Product Portfolio of Amul:
The following mentioned brands are the famous products of Amul,
1- Amul Butter
2- Amul Cheese,
3- Amul Kool
4- Amul Ice Cream
5- Amul Chocolates
Sales Turnover: 392 billion Indian rupees (Oct 11, 2021)
Strengths of Amul – SWOT Analysis of Amul
- There is no doubt that Amul has high brand equity. It is the largest milk-based manufacturer with a high recall value.
- Nearly 3 million milk producers linked with this company that provides milk on a daily basis without any interruption. This remarkable distribution shows the strength of Amul.
- When it comes to pouched milk, it is unbeatable in the world.
- Amul is known for its high-quality products and largest food brand in India.
- Its product portfolio is really vast as it offers milk, butter, ghee, yogurt, cheese, and ice cream.
- Nearly every product of Amul is cost-effective. That’s why it has a loyal and huge consumer base.
- In the butter segment, it is a market leader in India. It has a competitive edge over competitors in terms of butter.
- The company is responsible for White Revolution.
- Amul’s solid and effective marketing strategies and campaigns help them a lot in building a robust presence.
- Its products are widely available at grocery stores, online platforms, and retail outlets. You can easily get its products from anywhere.
Weaknesses of Amul – SWOT Analysis of Amul
- In the chocolate segment, Amul has a low market. Its competitors like Cadbury and Nestle are doing a fantastic job.
- The food and beverage market is highly dense, with many international and domestic players. They are continuously weakening the market share of Amul in different segments such as chocolate and ice cream.
Opportunities for Amul – SWOT Analysis of Amul
- Amul has a better opportunity to target new consumers by introducing new products in the chocolate and ice cream segment.
- They can enhance their reach or presence by targeting India’s neighboring countries and rural areas.
- The increase in people’s purchasing power can help increase the business of Amul.
- They can make partnerships with restaurants, resorts, and hotels.
Threats to Amul – SWOT Analysis of Amul
- The fierce competition from international players and local companies can reduce the market value of Amul.
- Current economic recession and inflation can also affect the business.
Competitors of Amul:
- Baskin Robbins.
- Kwality Walls.
- Mother Dairy.
Need Help or Advice in Content Management or In Marketing Strategy:
Do you want more advice? Do you have good practices to share? Express yourself in the comments.