PESTEL Analysis of AstraZeneca Plc
The PESTEL analysis is an excellent strategic planning tool to review the external business factors of an organization such as Political, Economic, Social, Technological, Environmental, and Legal. These factors affect the macro business environment of a company like AstraZeneca Plc. Let’s read the PESTEL analysis of AstraZeneca.
These factors can also impact the other players operating in the healthcare sector. A company like AstraZeneca Plc can take a competitive advantage in the market by analyzing these points. They are also helpful for boosting the overall level of profitability.
PESTEL analysis of AstraZeneca Plc provides complete information about current challenges present in the healthcare sector. The company is highly exposed to these challenges and competitors. For example, a profitable company can’t produce encouraging results in those regions where the political system and economic situation are unstable.
Without further wait, let’s start the PESTEL analysis of AstraZeneca Plc.
Political Factors | PESTEL Analysis of AstraZeneca
In determining the factors that can affect the long-term growth of AstraZeneca Plc, political factors like corruption level, political stability, and political framework can play a huge role. It is crucial to analyze the political factors of a specific country or market in which AstraZeneca Plc is operating. Currently, the healthcare company is operating in more than a dozen markets/countries, so it is open to different challenges and threats in the region. These systematic risks can disrupt the overall functioning of the company in a particular region. The following factors should be analyzed thoroughly before entering a new market,
- Importance of political parties in the country and influence of these parties on the healthcare sector.
- Political stability.
- Risk of invasion from the military.
- Corruption levels in the government departments, especially in the healthcare sector.
- Interference of influence of government officers on healthcare business.
- Legal proceedings regarding contract enforcement.
- Tariffs, trade restrictions, and other limitations.
- Protection of intellectual property rights by legal institutions.
- Preferred trading countries and their political system.
- Laws related to healthcare, especially antitrust laws.
- Price wars and regulations in the country.
- Tax rates.
- Minimum wage and overtime legislation.
- Working hours and timetable in the healthcare sector.
- Employee benefits.
- Safety regulations in the healthcare sector.
- Labeling of products and related requirements.
Economic Factors | PESTEL Analysis of AstraZeneca
The impact of economic factors is also big on the company. There are several risks associated such as inflation rate, foreign exchange, savings rate, and interest rate. These factors determine the average investment and average demand in a country or business environment. Economic factors also increase competition in the market. AstraZeneca Plc can exploit different economic indicators like purchasing power of consumers, growth rate, and others for determining the economic growth of the company in a specific region, market, or country. Here are some vital economic factors that must be analyzed,
- Type of financial and economic system in the specific country or region.
- Economic stability.
- The intervention of government.
- Stability of currency and exchange rates.
- The efficiency of economic markets in the country.
- Infrastructure standard.
- The competence level of employees.
- Comparative advantages.
- Literacy level in the country.
- Overall productivity and labor costs.
- Economic recession.
- Interest rates.
- Economic growth.
- Unemployment rate.
Social Factors | PESTEL Analysis of AstraZeneca
The way of doing things and overall culture of the society can also upset the business operations of AstraZeneca Plc in a particular country. People’s leisure interests, attitudes, and beliefs also have a huge impact on the business. AstraZeneca Plc must understand the market dynamics by analyzing the behavior of customers or demographics in the region also. Being a healthcare company, AstraZeneca Plc should review the given social factors,
- Skill level of people.
- Power composition, hierarchy, and class structure in the country or society.
- Education level of people.
- Culture such as social conventions and gender roles.
- Entrepreneurial skills.
- Attitudes toward environmental consciousness and health.
- Leisure interests.
Technological Factors | PESTEL Analysis of AstraZeneca
It is slightly difficult for companies to stay technological advance all the time. Technology is an ever-evolving thing and it requires a lot of investment. We are taking the example of transportation here. It has been growing with the passage of time and several transportation services such as Uber and Lyft have disrupted the business of common taxi business.
Indeed, every company is moving towards automation and there is a lot of scope in the healthcare segment for new technology and automation. This fast-changing technology can affect the business of AstraZeneca Plc in the long run. By exploiting the latest technologies, AstraZeneca Plc can take a competitive lead and can also make its business profitable. Below, we have curated imperative technological factors,
- Latest technological advancements by the competitors of AstraZeneca Plc.
- Product offering and impact of technology on this factor.
- Cost structure and impact of technology on it.
- Value chain structure and impact of technology on it.
- Technological diffusion rate.
Environmental Factors | PESTEL Analysis of AstraZeneca
Every country has specific norms and environmental standards. Today, people are highly conscious of environmental factors. Any violation of climate laws can impact the revenue stream and overall reputation of the organization in the market. Being an international healthcare company, AstraZeneca Plc should evaluate the liability and environmental laws of every country in order to run the business smoothly. Many countries are giving a tax break to companies that produce renewable energy sources.
Before launching a new business in the market or venturing into any market, AstraZeneca Plc must scan the environmental standards, needed to run the business in that country. Some of the standards that AstraZeneca Plc should study,
- Climate change.
- Renewable energy sources.
- Air pollution.
- Water pollution.
- Laws regarding environmental pollution.
- Waste management, especially in healthcare.
- Attitudes toward eco-friendly and greener products.
Legal Factors | PESTEL Analysis of AstraZeneca
In numerous countries, the legal institutions and frameworks are not so influential. So, protecting intellectual property rights, copyrights, and patents is not easy in those countries. Companies like AstraZeneca Plc must review these factors carefully in order to run their business operations smoothly. By evaluating such factors, a company can enhance its competitiveness as well as profitability in the market. The managers at AstraZeneca Plc should consider the following legal factors before entering a new region,
- Data protection.
- Employment laws.
- Safety and health laws.
- Consumer protection.
- Antitrust laws.
- Discrimination laws.
Need Help or Advice in Content Management:
Do you want more advice? Do you have good practices to share? Express yourself in the comments.
Moreover, if you want any help to write content to drive more traffic and boost conversions, get in touch through Contact our team?
Do you want any help writing quality content, driving more traffic to your website, and boosting conversions? You can contact me through my Freelancer.com profile also. I always prefer to work through Freelancer.com for smooth functioning. Here you pay safely and securely.