Post updated on 25th July 2023
HR Management & Planning Process and Recruitment Plan
The HR planning process involves initially planning the positions required for managing and performing various functions in the refinery. This includes analyzing the different departments in the refinery, followed by the job positions that will fill these departments. The major departments in the refinery include
- Department of Projects
- Department of Support Services
- Finance and Administration Department and
- Department of Planning and Marketing
Strategic HR Planning In Short Will Involve Four Steps (HR Management)
- Assessing the HR current capacity in the refinery: This process will involve assessing the required knowledge, abilities and skills of the staff currently present needed for the refinery through the process of creating a skill inventory for every employee.
- Forecasting the refineries’ HR requirements: This will include HR needs for the refinery in the future based on the goals of the refinery. Forecasting, in a real sense, will involve estimating the demand and supply of human resources for the refinery.
- Analyzing the gap: This refers to identifying where your organization wants to be in the distant future and where it is standing presently. This process calls for an analysis of the staff’s skills, abilities, and education requirements needed in the future compared to the current situation.
- Developing HR-related strategies that support the strategies of the refinery: Here, based on the future requirement of the refinery, strategies in particular with the HR requirements are devised based on future needs.
The recruitment plan for the refinery will include recruiting new staff members with the abilities and skills that will be required by the refinery today and tomorrow. In this phase, available options that are found to strategically promote the opening of jobs and encourage a suitable candidate to apply will also be looked into.
Selection and Placement Plan (HR Management)
The refinery’s selection and placement plan will follow the steps below.
- Identify the position and evaluate the needs associated with the position. Since new positions are being created for the refinery, it is important to understand the strategic goals of the refinery and analyze any expected or upcoming changes in the role in the future. Based on the job analysis performed in the previous section, gaps can be found, if any, and further recruiting steps can be taken.
- The next core step is to develop a position description which will be further used to develop questions, evaluations, and reference check questions for the interview.
- Identification of responsibilities and duties is also a major step in the selection and placement plan, stating the general information, position purpose, essential functions, minimum requirements, and preferred qualifications.
- Developing a recruitment plan that is approved by the organizational unit. This should be carefully structured and map out a strategy capable of attracting and hiring qualified candidates from a group of qualified applicant pools involving members from underrepresented groups and women.
- Select a search committee that will interview the applicants and selects them according to qualifications, skills, and abilities that match the job position. The committee usually consists of 6 members or less.
- Post the position (placement) by placing ads in newspapers, networking channels, and social media and through job agencies.
- Review the potential candidates and shortlist, interview, select, hire and finalize.
Training and Employee Development Plan (HR Management)
The refinery’s training and employee development program is targeted toward a successful employee learning experience. It facilitates employees’ abilities to better serve the refinery and their position. The plan in this regard is as follows
- Conducting regular self-assessments. This process uses various different assessment tools. The employee assesses their abilities, skills, values, weaknesses, and strengths through this. Companies are used for comparing these skill sets with those defined in the job description.
- Identification of development activities by assessing the best methods and resources that carry out for employee development.
- Implement the plan and regularly evaluate the progress and make any changes that may be needed. Some cost-effective ways of development and training include job experience through involvement with committees, forums, and conferences, critical incident notes, job aids, field trips, job expanding, job rotation, job shadowing, learning alerts, stretch assignments, peer-assisted learning, and special projects. Other methods of training and development include methods that are based on relationships and feedback, such as mentoring, coaching, networking, and performance appraisal. Workshops, seminars, and courses are also other off-job methods for the development of an employee.
Performance Management Plan and Scheme (HR Management)
Performance management in the refinery centers on encouraging the maintenance of organizational culture and development that continuously promotes a positive and productive work environment. The basic plan and objectives of the performance management scheme in the refinery are as follows
- Ensure clarity in an employee’s goals and requirements regarding the position’s annual goals.
- Linking individual performance and development planning with the priorities and goals of the department or organization in a broad manner.
- Providing regular feedback to the staff member and the supervisor on a regular basis throughout the review cycle on an annual basis.
- Determining the appropriate training for a position for career development purposes.
- Annual review of achievement of assigned goals and regular performance feedback based on self-assessment and discussion with the supervisor or the department head.
- Provide evaluative judgmental proof to base incremental progression on.
- Planning of staff development training and performance goals for the next cycle (annual).
- Ensuring that the workload is at all-time easily manageable and consistent with the safety and health of the staff member.
Compensation and Benefits Scheme and Plan (HR Management)
The refinery follows compensation and benefits plans both in the form of intrinsic and extrinsic benefits. The refinery’s compensation and benefits scheme is as follows
- Health benefits – Almost 75% of healthcare expenses are borne by the refinery for all its employees. It covers hospital bed charges, vaccines, medications, and drugs on prescription, and professional physician services. It may require treatment out of the country. The dental treatments that do not require hospitalization and vision care expenses are limited to a specialist only. Professional services expenses of medical experts such as physicians, chiropractors, physiotherapists, etc. The detailed medical plan covers each aspect of the health benefit offered by the refinery to its employee.
- On job benefits – such as special house rent benefits and furniture increments every three years, transportation expenses included in monthly payments and other such provisions.
- Retirement plans – These apply to employees that serve the refinery for over 20 years. The refinery considers its services valuable to its success and based upon the job position and years of service, a lump sum amount is applicable to the candidate on retirement. Furthermore, the candidates can also opt for the retirement savings plan with the refinery, which will deduct a certain agreed amount from the pay every month and discharge the savings amount at the termination of the job or at retirement as applicable.
- Other Benefits – Certainly, the refinery provides other indirect benefit perspectives. It includes the option of pooling in days off that they use on some special occasions. (It depends on the discussion with the supervisor prior to deciding upon it). Furthermore, offering yearly off days without any pay cut, etc.
Health and Safety Plan (HR Management)
Any organization needs to focus and develop a health and safety plan, which is also the case with the refinery as well, though being a more important concern depending on the nature of the work. Our health and safety plan is as follows
Safety (HR Management)
- You must design and maintain the facility in a manner that provides training and conducts operations in ways that safeguard people and property.
- An instant and effective response to any accident or emergency that may occur owing to the operations at the refinery cooperating with concerned government agencies and industry organizations. Also, apply authorized regulations at places where laws do not exist.
- Work in collaboration with government agencies to extend knowledge on safety. It secures the environment for the people and property of the refinery.
- Stress every contractor, employee, and all others working in the refinery to be responsible. They are accountable for safe performance on the job while ensuring safe behavior at work at all times.
- Most noteworthy, undertake regular appropriate reviews and operations evaluations. For the reason to measure progress and ensure compliance with the standard policy.
Health (HR Management)
- Identify and regularly evaluate health-related risks related while in operations of the refinery.
- Implementation of appropriate protective measures and programs in order to control risks. Monitoring of potentially affected employees.
- Acquiring more knowledge related to health risks associated with the refinery.
- Determine initially at the time of appointment and later during the job. The fitness of the employee ensures that no undue risk is present to the employee’s health.
- Also, offer all necessary medical services. If the employee suffers from any job-related illness. It includes injury and or any medical emergencies.
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
Need Help or Advice in Academic Writing
Need Help or Advice in Content Writing Management:
Would you like more advice? Do you have good practices to share? Express yourself in the comments.
Also, if you want help in writing content to drive more traffic and boost conversions, please get in touch through Contact our team.
Do you want help writing quality content, driving traffic to your website, and boosting conversions? You can contact me through my Freelancer.com profile also. I always prefer to work through my Freelancer.com profile for smooth functioning. Here you pay safely and securely.