Reebok SWOT Analysis, Its Competitors & USP
A SWOT analysis presents the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats of a company. It involves two things: internal and external factors of its business environment. SWOT Analysis is an effective tool that can easily evaluate any business or company’s performance. In the lifestyle and retail sector, Reebok is a respected name globally. It allows you to benchmark its business, performance, and overall working. This Reebok SWOT analysis will highlight Reebok’s internal and external factors. We also discuss its competitors and unique selling proposition (USP).
Company Name: Reebok
Founders: Joseph William Foster, Jeff Foster
Founded: 31st January 2006
Parent Company: Adidas
CEO: Matthew H. O’Toole (2012-)
Type: Apparel and Accessories
Sector: Lifestyle and Retail
Tagline: “I am what I am”
Unique Selling Proposition: Unique Sports Apparel and Innovative Footwear
Customers: Fitness Enthusiasts and Sporty People
Target Consumers: Customers from upper-middle-class
Net Income: 1.41 Billion Euros (2020)
Strengths of Reebok – Reebok SWOT Analysis
- In athletic apparel and footwear, Reebok is the biggest seller. It is a global company that sells authentic sportswear.
- Over the years, Reebok is continuously offering a wonderful combo of innovation and fitness in its apparel and footwear.
- Most of its products are in the mid-range, so it’s a wrong perception that Reebok only made premium range products.
- The company normally targets lower middle class customers by categorizing its offerings and products. So, its products are for every class of consumer.
- Reebok is endorsed by many mega sports stars and popular celebrities globally.
- The company uses a network of retailers, department stores, and company-owned stores for a better reach.
- Reebok is the biggest sponsor of many international teams and sports events. From basketball to football, cricket, and motorsport, it sponsors each sport globally.
- The biggest strength of Reebok is its popularity, and they achieved it through excellent marketing and branding.
- Reebok is currently operating in 80+ countries with the help of the parent company.
Read Also: PESTLE ANALYSIS OF REEBOK
Weaknesses of Reebok – Reebok SWOT Analysis
- Duplicate and fake products in the market are one of the biggest weaknesses of Reebok. These fake brands are giving tough competition to Reebok.
- Reebok can’t handle any controversy or scandal because it can affect the company’s overall image.
Opportunities for Reebok – Reebok SWOT Analysis
- The kids’ section of Reebok is really limited, and they can expand it to gain more traction.
- They have a wonderful opportunity to expand their lifestyle section by introducing innovative and comfortable products.
- Reebok can target schools, sports academies, and sports events to increase their brand recognition and reach.
- The increasing fitness and health trend in emerging countries can be beneficial for Reebok as they can enhance their product portfolio to attract more users.
Read Also: REEBOK MARKETING STRATEGY | REEBOK MARKETING
ReadThreats to Reebok – Reebok SWOT Analysis
- The sportswear and activewear market is highly dense. The fierce competition is a big threat to Reebok because of the presence of giants like New Balance, Nike, Fila, and so on.
- These days, the fluctuating economies and currency rates can also create a threat. Reebok’s worldwide revenue or profit can be affected by these factors.
- Duplicate and fake brands are continuously hurting the reputation and revenue of the company.
- Adidas, being a parent company, can also affect the business of Reebok.
Competitors of Reebok:
- Under Armour
- New Balance
Need Help or Advice in Content Management or In Marketing Strategy:
Do you want more advice? Do you have good practices to share? Express yourself in the comments.
Puma Marketing | Marketing Strategy of Puma How to Create a Brand That Would Last For a Very Long Time KFC Marketing Strategy | Marketing Strategy of KFC